If you can only spare a weekend for your trip to Baler, don't worry! There's still a lot of things you can fit into your quick visit. Weekend warriors, this jam-packed two-day itinerary's for you!
Staying in Baler for more than 2 days? Check this article out instead.
(Banner image by @neomark)
RELATED: Top 10 Things to Do in Cebu
Want to save this for later? Just pin the feature image above!
- Go before heading into the town proper
- Walk inside the tree or climb up!
- The guides take very good panoramic and jump shots!
- Enjoy fresh buko juice
Duration: 20 to 40 minutes
Budget: P10 entrance fee
- Best to wear slippers as it gets slippery
- Get a guide to navigate the way safely
- Go early to avoid the crowds
Duration: 2 to 3 hours
Budget: P30 entrance / environmental fee, P300 for tour guide, not required
- Head to Gerry Shan's for a cheap buffet but get ready to wait in line
- Go to Yolly's next door for cheap seafood
Duration: 1 to 1.5 hours for Gerry Shan's
Budget: P200 for Gerry Shan's
- Entrance fee admits you to both places
- Lots of photo opportunities!
Duration: 45 to 90 minutes
Budget: P30 entrance fee
- Wear a rash guard
- Can find instructors all around the beach
Duration: 1 to 2 hours
Budget: P350 per hour, with instructor
- It's easy to spot this yellow beetle!
- Refreshments are sold right beside it
Budget: P89 for a regular meal, P200 for a large meal
RELAX ON SABANG BEACH
- Home-cooked Filipino meals served on banana leaves. Order the pako salad!
- Waiting time is quite long. They cook food upon ordering.
- Be prepared for a long wait
- If you come here for lunch, there aren't as many menu options. They restock right before dinner time.
- Known for their kiwi cupcakes, dulce de leche cake, chocolate rolls and yema bread
- Sells out quickly. Call to reserve if you can.
- Wear footwear when exploring the rocks. Rocks are sharp and slippery.
- Nipa huts are available for rent.
- Good picnic area
Duration: 30 to 60 minutes
- Good for swimming
- Not a lot of people, unlike in Sabang
- Climb up the hill to the Baler Lighthouse
Duration: 2 to 4 hours
- Known for their grilled seafood, chicken inasal and, surprisingly, bibimbap
- Newly opened!
- Bring home peanut butter, local suman and surfboard-shaped keychains
- Get bread to take home from Dialyn's Bakeshop too!